In order to serve the community as best as we can, we ensure that the best equipment is available for our responders to help them help you. Here is some of the equipment we have:
We currently have two ambulances in service, with a third one on the way. They are referred to as A-1 and A-2 with our newest addition to the fleet, A-3 coming in to service very soon. All are Mercedes Sprinters, with a retrofitted inside to make it suitable for patient transport, as per specifications by the Misrad Habriyut and Misrad Hatachbura. Both ambulances are fully stocked at all times with:
- A stretcher: A Ferno stretcher, which is standard use across the EMS services in Israel, so that a rapid transfer to an ALS ambulance can be performed if necessary.
- Oxygen & Masks: Each ambulance has three oxygen tanks – one big tank which flows oxygen to the onboard delivery system, a smaller spare, and a tik which bring into every call
- IV Kits: Each ambulance has a minimum of 5 IV kits
- Birthing Kit: Hermetically sealed pouches which contain all the tools necessary to deliver a baby in someone’s home, in the ambulance, or even in the hospital!
- CPR Kit and Defibrillator: A kit that contains airways, tubes and other critical pieces of life-saving tools which are necessary when performing CPR. Each ambulance also carries a defibrillator which is used to shock a patient’s heart back into rhythm in the event it is stopped.
- Backboards, neck braces, and stabilization equipment: Used for trauma patients, these items are used to ensure a patient is stabilized and immobile during the transport to the hospital, to prevent spinal injury or further damage to the spine and neck.
- The most important equipment: Toys for the kids! A calm patient is the best patient, and our stock of toys is a winner for calming down our younger patients.
Emergency Response Vehicle
Thanks to a generous donation, Hatzala Beit Shemesh has placed into service an emergency response vehicle. This vehicle, a Seat Ibiza, is fully equipped with an emergency lighting system and Hatzala Beit Shemesh graphics package. It is used by first responders to respond to emergency calls in a quick and efficient manner. The ERV is equipped with:
- A full responders kit
- Oxygen equipment
- A defibrillator
Rapid Response Vehicle
We are proud to announce the newest addition to our fleet of vehicles, a Sym Joymax 250 motorbike. This bike is fully equipped with a premium emergency warning package, will be used by first responders to quickly and expeditiously respond to emergency calls, with the added convenience of beating traffic! The bike is fully equipped with a full response bag, a large O2 tank, and an AED.
When faced with large scenes or missing person searches, eyes in the sky can help responders assess the whole scene and make decisions. HBS has acquired a quad copter to assist us in searching for missing persons and to respond to large scale incident where an overall view of the scene is beneficial to make decisions and get a general overview of the scene. The drone is equipped with an HD camera system that can stream video live, as well as record video for future analysis.